Microsoft PowerPoint Training Courses.
PowerPoint Start to Finish, this course can be delivered 1 day or 2 day format. most people opt for the 2 day course when doing the exams.
Setting up a basic presentation.
- What is PowerPoint used for
- Creating a new presentation
- Adding text to slides
- Adding used slides
- Moving around- slide sorter view
- Adding speaker’s notes.
Modify the design
Modify slide masters, handout masters, and note masters
- Change the slide master theme or background
- Modify slide master content
- Create slide layouts
- Modify slide layouts
- Modify the handout master
- Modify the notes master
Change presentation options and views
- Change slide size
- Display presentations in different views
- Set basic file properties
- Print all or part of a presentation
- Print notes pages
- Print handouts
- Print in colour, grayscale, or black and white
Configure and present slide shows
- Create custom slide shows
- Configure slide show options
- Rehearse slide show timing
- Set up slide show recording options
- Present slide shows by using Presenter View
- Present slide shows by using Presenter View
- Protect presentations by using passwords
- Inspect presentations for issues
- Add and manage comments
- Preserve presentation content
- Export presentations to other format
Working with slidesInsert slides
- Import Word document outlines
- Insert slides from another presentation
- Insert slides and select slide layouts
- Insert Summary Zoom slides
- Duplicate slides
- Hide and unhide slides
- Modify individual slide backgrounds
- Insert slide headers, footers, and page numbers
- Create sections
- Modify slide order
- Rename sections
- Apply formatting and styles to text
- Format text in multiple columns
- Create bulleted and numbered lists
- Insert hyperlinks
- Insert Section Zoom links and Slide Zoom links
Insert and format images
- Resize and crop images
- Apply built-in styles and effects to images
- Insert screenshots and screen clippings
insert and format graphic elements
- Insert and change shapes
- Add text to shapes and text boxes
- Draw by using digital ink
- Resize shapes and text boxes
- Format shapes and text boxes
- Apply built-in styles to shapes and text boxes
- Add ALT text to graphic elements for accessibility
- Order shapes, images, and text boxes
- Align shapes, images, and text boxes
- Group shapes and images Display alignment tools
- Create and insert tables
- Insert and delete table rows and columns
- Create and insert tables
- Apply built-in table styles
- Create and insert charts
- Modify charts
- Insert SmartArt graphics
- Convert lists to SmartArt graphics
- Add and modify SmartArt graphic content
- Insert 3D models
- Modify 3D models
- Insert audio and video clips
- Create and insert screen recordings
- Configure media playback options
- Apply basic and 3D slide transitions
Configure transition effects
- Animate text and graphic elements
- Animate 3D models
- Configure animation effects
- Configure animation paths
- Reorder animations on a slide
- Set transition effect duration
- Configure transition start and finish options
Microsoft Office Specialist Courses ( MOS ) courses – Office 2010, 2013, 2016, 365 and 2019 As well as accredited courses we deliver over 200 standard courses covering Microsoft, Apple and Adobe Delivery Styles – Group bookings, 1-2-1, Public courses, Tailored and Office Migrations. Complimentary Training Materials for delegates – We have a dedicated site with a wide range of Microsoft manuals available, new titles are released regularly.
Accredited and Experienced Trainers
– All our trainers are Microsoft accredited and experienced. You will have peace of mind knowing that our trainers have been personally interviewed and assessed by us for their product knowledge, communication and delivery skill
On-site Courses – our courses can be delivered on-site at your business premises. we adhere to strict covid guidance Live
Online Courses – our training courses can be delivered on-line with a live tutor via Zoom, Microsoft Teams or Web-ex virtual classroom software. COVID-19: Whilst the
Need to up-skill, re-skill or simply develop your digital skills for the workplace or personal use? We have a huge range of courses to support you in your learning covering all Microsoft Office packages including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project and also offering courses in social media, Apple Macs, computer maintenance and much more.
we are an independent team of training providers in Suffolk that are dedicated to helping you to build successful and profitable businesses. Our professionals have a wealth of expertise and knowledge in this field and can be sure to cater to all of your specific needs, no matter how big or small your business may be. So you can have peace of mind knowing that you are in the most capable of hands. We are confident that you won’t find a service quite like ours, anywhere else. Our training providers in Suffolk will be on hand to help with all of your requirements whether you are a small establishment or large commercial company.
Quick PowerPoint TipsAdd transitions to your slides (no more than 3 is ideal).
Done well, transitions can add a little bit of movement and showmanship to your presentation. PowerPoint has several transitions built in for you to choose from.
To access them, select the "Transitions" tab from the top ribbon. From there, you can select a transition for it to preview on your screen. To customize it further, click "Effect Options" and play with the features to find something that suits your liking. To remove a transition, select "Transitions" and click "None."
Add animations to your slides (Dont over do this less is more).
Like transitions, animations can add movement, reveal information, and help you underscore the points you want to hit during your speech. To animate an element, follow these steps:
- Select the element you want animated by clicking on it.
- Choose "Animations" from the top ribbon.
- You'll have the option to choose from several effects displayed in the ribbon.
- Clicking on one will give you a preview.
- To customize the animation, select "Effect Options."
- To remove an animation, click "None" in the ribbon.
Some of the ways to customize animations include:
- On Click
- With Previous
- After Previous
These describe how you want the effect to behave, so play around with them until you find an effect that suits your liking.
You'll also have the option to move animations around as you edit your slides with the "Reorder Animation" function in the top ribbon.Save your presentation.(do this on a regular basis set up auto save to 7 mins)
Click "File" and "Save", making sure to specify which folder or destination you want your PowerPoint to be stored.
Run your presentation.(It's always good to do a trial run to ensure that your slides are set up properly)
To present your PowerPoint, go to the "Slide Show" tab and click "Play from Start". The slide will cover your whole screen, blocking out your desktop and PowerPoint software. This is so your audience (in this case, you for the trial run) is solely focused on the visual elements of your presentation.
Quick Word Tips
Create tables in Microsoft Word by typing a plus (+) to start the table and tab until you want the table cell or table to end. For example, in the example below we have three + symbols, each separated by a single tab. When you press Enter after the final plus, Word provides you with an empty table similar to the one below.
+ + +
Close all open Microsoft Word and Excel files by holding down the Shift key and clicking "File" and then "Close All".